9:54 PM

It's About Time We Thinned The Herds.

So I've been sitting back through this whole swine flu thing trying to make a decision. A lot of people were scared, a lot of people who normally seem like very logical people. Yet every news bulletin I heard on the radio made me wonder why it was even worth reporting about.

Honestly, there was a part of me that this was the beginning of a long awaited zombie apocalypse, BUT NO SUCH LUCK. I'll just have to wait to take my turn at anarchy and killing dead things.

But really. After all the rumors and news reports and discussions, all I have to ask is this: what makes this any different from plain old influenze that kill around 36,000 people every year? Don't get me wrong, we have had influenza pandemics in the past that were completely worth worrying about. And a local girl even died from complications of the flu when I was in middle school.

All I have to say is this: if this isn't some sort of goverment conspiracy hiding how horrible and mutating this disease actually is, I will be sorely disappointed.

I leave you with this little tidbit:

"At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. And others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good. And some are good, struggling with the evil. 6 billion people in the world. 6 billion souls. And sometimes, all you need is one."

0 comments: