8:36 PM

This Week's Timeline.

So, it seems things have been a tad eventful.
In chronological order:
1. I am obsessed with Hard by Rihanna.

2. The tortoises are very happy with their new home, and understanding who their new mommy is. Zeus is always excited to see me with a big old leaf of lettuce for him, and lets me take him outside when its warm without cowering in his shell. Doc is a little too adventurous for his own good, and knows that I'll always save his hide. He recently fell on to his back trying to climb out of his box, and chirped until I came to save him.

3. I've been chosen to work on a new project at work. I spent two entirely boring days in training, and felt completely overwhelmed when I took calls again today. My whole profile was changed, giving me different access levels, and it was just too much. I ended up leaving work early so I could study...for work. Basically, I get to now sell just as much as I do customer service. AT&T launched U-Verse 3 years ago, and now we get to sell it. It's a really awesome bit of fiber optic technology that allows you to consolidate your home phone, tv, and internet all into one quick, efficent network. Now that I've figured out the pros and cons to things like Voice Over IP and what fiber optics means in the realm of internet, I'm really excited.

4. So yesterday I took the beau to the doctor. He had a spot on his back that hurt really badly, like a pimple that hasn't broken the skin yet, except bigger and redder and hot to the touch. We were thinking that it was a spider bite or a boil, something that the doctor could cut open and just send us home. Turns out beaus got ulcerative colitis. Those bumps are cysts, basically a tunnel from his colon into his skin, which means those cysts are dumping all his waste back into his system. Right now he is on a regiment of broad scale antibiotics and we are doing a mostly liquid diet together, augmented with absolutely no meat or dairy. We'll go back to the doctor in 10 days to get a referral to a surgeon. You think thats the sucky part? Come to find out, beau doesn't have health insurance where we work. He's never really needed it until now, so we're looking between 10 and 15 thousand for the anesthesia, surgery, and hospital stay. Payment plans, here we come.

5. When I came home early from work today, the roomies let me know that they replaced every single light bulb in the house with energy efficient bulbs. Reducing our power bill (which I pay) significantly by reducing our wattage output from 600 to 105.

6. Seconds after they told me that, Roomie #1 got a phone call from his mom. His autistic sister is sick and in the hospital. For some currently unknown reason, her liver is failing. They start dialysis tomorrow.

Life is never boring.

0 comments: